Re: Getting started with working on AbiWord

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:08:01 -0700

At 11:57 PM 10/20/99 -0600, Logan Hall wrote:
>The only problem i have discovered in that regard is that the dictionary
>file is not installed automaticaly (you have to cp it to the right dir
>and then unzip it). I will look into why this is when i have some free
>time..posibly tomarrow.
>
>Thanks for any help. I hope I can be of service in some way.

This one sounds like it's worth tracking down. Do a little digging through
the makefiles to compare what happens for the following three makefile
targets:

make canonical (unpacks the dictionary)
make distribution (uses make canonical)
make install (??)

If you can read makefiles and use grep, this shouldn't be too hard to nail.

Paul