Re: wv.. compile problems with irix 6.5

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:13:17 -0500

Bob Monaghan said:
> I've run into problems with the configure script for wv that is apart of
> the 0.7.5 source tarballs.
> Here is the reported error:
>
> thursday 27# ./configure
> checking for Cygwin environment... no
> checking for mingw32 environment... no
> checking for executable suffix... configure: error: installation or
> configuration problem: compiler cannot create executables.

Sorry for taking quite a while to respond... 0.7.6 has taken this last
week right from me.

If the wv in 0.7.6 doesn't get any farther, could you take a look at
config.log (in the wv directory) or send it to the list? It should
detail the source of the error. Often this is the result of running
"cc", which might not resolve to any compiler on your system.
It might also be trying to explicitly run "gcc" instead of your IRIX
compiler.

--
Shaw Terwilliger