Re: Question About Abiword...

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:29:06 -0500

Logan Hall wrote:
> LinuxPPC comes with Abi now? my version of R5 didn't. Its good to hear
> that they are packing this along with the distro now.

I wasn't aware of this either. We (AbiSource) thought we had arranged
the loan of a build host exclusively for LinuxPPC packages, but
I haven't heard anything from a LinuxPPC representative since
the Linux World conference expo in August 1999. I'm CC'ing a copy of
this note to Jason at LinuxPPC as a casual nudge. :)

> Im not sure if there is a precompiled version of abi for linuxppc but i
> do know that it compiles right out of the tarball so if you have the
> development packages installed you can compile it your self. If not I
> can make a precompiled versoin for you....the only catch on that is Im
> not sure how to do it. if someone can tell me how to make the rpm Im
> sure Peter aswell as a few other people would greatly appreciate it.

Right now there aren't any official (meaning ones you can get
at www.abisource.com) packages for LinuxPPC. I (personally) am
typing this on a PowerBook G3 Series machine running Debian GNU/Linux,
so the PPC builds get their share of testing (if only from a narrow
development perspective). We'd love to have LinuxPPC packages (RPM)
that are always on top of the current release.

--
Shaw Terwilliger