Re: Question About Abiword...

Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:48:30 -0600

Peter:

Peter D wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madame:
>
> I need some information about Abiword:
>
> I just received LinuxPPC, and am running it on my Macintosh - works
> very nicely, but lacks a good word processor.
>
> It CAME with Abiword, but unfortunately, the version it came with
> doesn't seem to have ANY usable menu items!

LinuxPPC comes with Abi now? my version of R5 didn't. Its good to hear
that they are packing this along with the distro now.

> So my question is, obviously there IS a version that runs on LinuxPPC,
> since it came with this Linux package - WHICH newer version would I
> download from your site that might have some functional menus?

0.7.6 has many functional menus and shows that the project is realy
shaping up. I have used it to write a few papers and make good stuff
like that.

> I'd be really thrilled if I could actually ger a GOOD, USEFUL word
> processor for this Linux setup - sure would make life a lot easier!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing from
> you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Peter Dyback

Im not sure if there is a precompiled version of abi for linuxppc but i
do know that it compiles right out of the tarball so if you have the
development packages installed you can compile it your self. If not I
can make a precompiled versoin for you....the only catch on that is Im
not sure how to do it. if someone can tell me how to make the rpm Im
sure Peter aswell as a few other people would greatly appreciate it.