Re: Gnome fe questions

Subject: Re: Gnome fe questions
From: John Tunison (nosinut@WIND.REM.CMU.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:46:29 CDT

> > In the interests of consitency, I would have to cast a vote for the new
> > hierarchy. Currently, the *only* directories in the whole of the source
> > that has both code and subdirectories with code are wp/ap/unix and
> > wp/main/unix. I would conjecture that this structure reflects gnome's
> > status as a "second-class citizen" that has been mentioned earlier.
>
> Sam, there are several technical (not "political") reasons for this
> hierarchy.

Am I allowed to vote on my own question? :) After my third Gnome dialog,
I agree strongly with Joaquin -- this is the class structure that
accurately reflects the relationship between Gnome and Gtk. (That is,
Gnome is built on top of gtk.) It does require a little restructuring of
the Gtk code, but IMO this makes the gtk code easier to read anyway.

--John