Re: 0.7.9

Subject: Re: 0.7.9
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 18:30:28 CDT

At 10:23 AM 4/5/00 +0200, Henrik Berg wrote:
>One thing about 0.7.9 I have been thinking about since 0.7.8 is that the
>pre built binaries for Win32 0.7.8 did not load my sv-SE.string
>(SvSE.string at the time), but both debug and nondebug build that I did
>myself did load the .string file.
>
>This could be a mistake from my side, but if you could test the pre-build
>with a non US .string file. If there is a diff between the two (AbiSource
>built vs. home built) only you can debug it.

Yes. This is certainly something that should Just Work.

If you'd like to help isolate the problem, try running a "make distribution"
to see what kind of image is produced by the resulting installer. I can
think of at least two potential points of failure here:

1. The strings files don't get installed at all. This behavior should be
controlled by the following config file:

  /abi/src/pkg/win/setup/abisuite.ask

2. They do get installed, but the binary can't locate them.

Paul