FYI - Glimpse of an AbiWord user

Subject: FYI - Glimpse of an AbiWord user
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 16:17:25 CDT

One of the invisible things I do is field all of the mail sent to
abiword-dev sent by non-subscribers. Most of it is spam, but we do get
lots of bug reports and general user experiences. I though I would share
this one with you. There isn't anything unique about it; I just present it
as an example of the typical message.

From: "Michael C. Litty" <mlitty@ashland.edu>

I noticed when I use the hanging indent feature, it moves the first line
of the paragraph back .5" rather than moving subsequent lines in .5". I
was also wonerding if it is by design or oversight that, when opening a
new document while one is open, Abiword opens a new occurrence of itself
rather than a new window in the same occurrence. This is truly not a
big deal, but thought to mention it.
    I was also wondering if there is any interest in eventually
including support for saving in popular formats such as Word formats or
opening Word Perfect formats?

Michael

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist