Re: LaTeX export bugs closed

Subject: Re: LaTeX export bugs closed
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 15:47:47 CDT

Joaquin and Larry,

Thanks for the additional details on what may eventually be possible with
the LaTeX exporter. I freely admit that my ignorance about the file format
far exceeds yours. :-)

At 10:23 PM 4/7/00 -0400, Larry Kollar wrote:
>Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:
>>But even with the actual subset, the LaTeX exporter is useful (at least
>>I think so).
>
>I wouldn't put very much effort into getting exported LaTeX to
>exactly resemble what Abi would print. People who are exporting
>to LaTeX probably have specific needs, or are wanting to do
>something that AbiWord won't do easily. But yes, I suspect that
>people who need it will find it useful.

We're all in agreement here. What we already have should be useful (and
anyone who disagrees should speak up and/or send patches).

All I wanted to do was make sure that none of the red cells should "really"
be a gray n/a instead, so that we have some idea how far away we are from
having a "finished" exporter for this format.

Paul