Re: AbiHello builds cleanly

Subject: Re: AbiHello builds cleanly
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 17:49:36 CDT

At 04:51 PM 4/16/00 +0700, Perry Ismangil wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I introduced myself a few months ago as representing a group in Indonesia
ready
>to go in building an office suite and start by helping AbiWord along. Well,
>guess what? Apparently we weren't quite ready then... administrative
stuff, etc
>took much longer than anticipated.
>
>Now at least I've been appointed to liaise with Abisource team, and I'm in
>charge of explaining to my team how to develop using Abi XP framework, since
>not all of us will be working on word processor. We want to start other
>applications as well.
>
>So, here's my first try: getting AbiHello to run again, at least in unix.
>Attached is the patches necessary, against the stock 0.7.8 tarball (not the
>CVS).
>
>To use it, start with a clean tree, apply the two patch in the src
>directory. Go to af dir, do make there, then go to
>expat peer directory, do make there also. These are the minimum libraries
>needed for AbiHello. Then go to hello dir, do make. Binaries will go into
bin of
>platform-obj dir. To run it you need to have an AbiSuite installation
>directory, for the fonts, and set ABIHOME_SUITE to it.

The patch applied cleanly to the current CVS view, so I used that. I was
unable to compile AbiHello, however. From the hello directory, typing make
resulted in a whole bunch of errors where the DialogFactory was calling all
sorts of dialogs out of ../src/wp/ap/unix/

I applied both the AbiHello.patch and config.patch. Any ideas why this
wouldn't work for me?

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist