Re: The State of Tinderbox

Subject: Re: The State of Tinderbox
From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 15:14:56 CDT

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Thomas Briggs wrote:

> > 1) Win32
> > Tinderbox currently does not show a Win32 build (Tom appears to have taken
> > its place). Hopefully Shaw can get this back up.
>
> Then color me red as well. :) The patch for MSWord97 export that was
> committed near the end of last week broke the build, and I haven't had a
> chance to fix it yet.

Since Tinderbox doesn't help, if you posted the error messages to the
list, I would look at the offending code (as might Dom).

> > 2) BeOS
> > a) PC-BeOS
> > This is failing in Bill Carpenter's debugFlash code, since it is not
> > finding usleep(). usleep() is in POSIX [1] and so should be in Be. If
> > someone know a better place to find it that in <unistd.h>, please speak
> > up.
>
> I need to/started to/will implement a platform specific fix for almost
> the same problem to fix the Windows build (there is no unistd.h on Windows,
> nor is there a usleep function). Once I've committed this hopefully
> somebody can throw together the Be specific portion of it.

Just a reminder to people: Not all of our platforms comply with POSIX.
Unix platforms that don't should be worked around. We shouldn't try to
'work around' Win32. If it's in the C library, it's portable, otherwise,
it might not be.

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam