Re: The State of Tinderbox

Subject: Re: The State of Tinderbox
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 08:30:42 CDT

> Since Tinderbox doesn't help, if you posted the error messages to the
> list, I would look at the offending code (as might Dom).

   Ok, here we go:

make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/abi/abi/src/wp/impexp/xp'
Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:On].
ie_exp.cpp
c:/ftp/cygnus/usr/src/abi/abi/../wv\getopt.h(122) : error C2733: second C
linkage of overloaded function 'getopt' not allowed
        c:/ftp/cygnus/usr/src/abi/abi/../wv\getopt.h(122) : see declaration
of '
getopt'

   This is with a freshly checked out copy of everything, so this isn't
anything "make realclean" will solve.

   This started happening late last week, after the patch for the word
export stuff was committed. Unfortunately I haven't had enough time to
reverse engineer what was done to try to figure out what's causing the
problem. The obvious guess is that something that used to be defined (or
used to be undefined) is causing getopt.h to be processed differently that
before. The real question, I guess, is what.

   -Tom