Re: The State of Tinderbox

Subject: Re: The State of Tinderbox
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 14:04:40 CDT

I think that the problem is caused by wv including its own version of
getopt() (it does this with a couple of string functions too). About 10
lines into wv/wv.h, wv declares its own version of getopt with a different
prototype than what your system probably has.

I vote that we take out the getopt from wv/wv.h and also remove getopt.c
from wv/Makefile.abi. This isn't the first time wv's getopt has screwed
things up (remember the libole2 changeover breakages caused by getopt?), and
since the version of wv we build will never use it, I don't see the harm.

Dom