MS Word does NOT do this!

Subject: MS Word does NOT do this!
From: Tim LaDuca (mail@timl.org)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 20:37:10 CDT

So I was typing the longest doc I had ever typed in AbiWord and was so
proud of it I decided to print it. Unfortunately after sending it to the
spooler Abiword dumped core. I thought well, I knew that might happen!
Then I remembered Sam or somebody saying on the list they added a
feature to have AbiWord save the document as it seg faulted. I checked
out my home directory and there was the doc, just as it had been before
I printed it. I may be mistaken, but I am almost positive MS Word is not
that able. It is one of the most vexing things to be working on an MS
Word document and then it crashes for no particular reason and all your
changes are lost. How is it possible for a application that has
basically crashed to still save its open document? Being a long time
Word user I find this completely amazing.

Regards,
Tim L