Re: commit: Columns dialog for Unix.

Subject: Re: commit: Columns dialog for Unix.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 08:39:48 CDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> Is there any objection if I move the base functionality of
> extracting the toolbar xpm's to some util XP code, and then
> move the code to translate the xpm bitmap into a platform
> specific bitmap into the dialog helper code?

Ah Thomas, great minds think alike. Doing something like that was on my
"things to do" list. I orginally wanted to put everything into the
platform dialog helper code but the Makefiles didn't make the
wp/ap/xp/toolbarIcons directory visible to the UT_dialoghelper
functions.

Makefiles are not my thing though so I left the code in the
ap_UnixDialog_Columns with the intention of investigating whether the code
to access the icons could at least be moved into wp/ap/xp directories.
I'm sure this can be done. Then at least code in ap_*_*/* can get
easy access to the xpm's.

If you can hack the Makefiles to make the ToolbarIcons directory visible
to to the dialog helper code that would be a better solution.

Good Luck!

Martin