Re: commit: Columns dialog for Unix.

Subject: Re: commit: Columns dialog for Unix.
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 07:57:58 CDT

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> HI everyone,
> Here is the columns dialog for unix. This proved harder for me
> than I thought it would even though Bruce Pearson did a great job making
> the code nicely xp.
>
> Things I learnt while doing this dialog.
>
> 1. Changing toggle buttons makes them emit "clicked" signals.
> 2. How to block such signals.
> 3. "gtk_main()" causes an expose event to be emitted by the main dialog
> widget.
> 4. This clears the gtk drawing area.
> 5. How to handle expose events from the main widget so that the drawing
> area is redrawn.
> 6. How to put pixmaps on gtk widgets.
> 7. How to access the Abi collection of widgets.
>
> If you ever need know how to these things look at the gtk columns dialog.

Is there any objection if I move the base functionality of
extracting the toolbar xpm's to some util XP code, and then
move the code to translate the xpm bitmap into a platform
specific bitmap into the dialog helper code?

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf