Re: Two patches, and a file to remove

Subject: Re: Two patches, and a file to remove
From: Rui Silva - Webmaster (rms@ssi.aaum.pt)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 07:24:59 CDT

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 12:41:48PM +0300, Martin Vermeer wrote:
> Hi, here are three (small) contributions.
> I also added 0x201e to the HTML output. My browsers don't render &bdquote;
> as they are supposed to -- seems to be pretty new. So I chose ,, for
> representation.

mozilla lacks support for &bdquote;, whether it's because it does not exist (at least in standards) or because it belongs in the 1 or 2 % of unsupported items on the standards support checklist is not known to me.

> 2. I introduced the variant wvCleanLaTeX.xml to produce a LaTeX output
> mostly free of visual paragraph formatting, and thus more suitable
> for further use in LaTeX (or LyX import). It is produced by patching the
> second attachment, wvDiffLaTeX.xml, to wvLaTeX.xml to produce
> wvCleanLaTeX.xml.

hurrah! :) all we need now is a checkbox in the preferences, something like:
         [ ] output clean LaTeX

hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?