Re: What's happenning with 0.7.11?

Subject: Re: What's happenning with 0.7.11?
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 12:35:39 CDT

shaw> Bob's out of the office the rest of this week, so his presence
shaw> on the list will be minimal (if there's any at all). I'm aiming
shaw> for a 0.7.11 release later today (Thursday, that is) once I wake
shaw> up. :) The standard announcements to the list should happen
shaw> when it's ready to go out.

Does someone want to let the cat out of the bag as to why this sudden
point release effort appeared? It seems to have caught at least a
couple of interesting features in a transitional state.

If the reason was mentioned on this list, I must've slept through it.
(Perhaps it's implicitly understood that it's to get into a Red Hat
beta or something.)