Re: Abiword or Starword

Subject: Re: Abiword or Starword
From: Caolan McNamara (cmc@stardivision.de)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 03:54:01 CDT

At 01:46 18.08.00 -0700, Johan Stenfors wrote:
>I think we shall do the best of this. The best thing for the user is the
>possibility to choose between starword and abiword. To make this easy I
>think abiword and openoffice shall try to make as much as possible
>compatible, e.g. the fileformat, and as much as possible the methods.

xml FileFormat first draft was supposed to be out today on openoffice.org
but maybe it
will be next week, that should be worth a look, and certainly its worth
commenting on it
now when something can be done about it. FWIW the word processor component
is called
StarWriter rather than StarWord.

C.

--
Herein are personal opinions, you'd want to be crazed to consider
these official positions of StarOffice/Sun or even vaguely congruent.