Re: Abiword Documentation XML and Screenshots

Subject: Re: Abiword Documentation XML and Screenshots
ChrisDigo@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 16:30:48 CDT

Hi

> Yes this occured to me too. However I think that the English help
> file must have English icons. Maybe users in other languages are used to
> seeing icons in English but an English user would certainly be put off if
> they saw icons in French. Sorry to the Francophones but this is true.

Well. AbiWord seem to be international. And as an internationnal software he
needs to be 100% translated in the maximum language. I don't like to see a
manual or a software not in my language.

I'm glad because right now te AbiWord manual is 100% French! ;o) But I think
you guys have to translted my french help in 100% English (screencaps, legend
of the screencap and everything).

> > number of languages, but that would make the help files even bigger.
> > Espicially if we ever translate them to other languages as well.

Right! but...

> > If we were
> > going to make a screenshot for each language then I think we would have
> > offer the manual as a seperate download.

This is the solution! Make manual in many different language, and then make
it separate download.

> Certainly all the help files in the original french version have
> been translated.

No. Not all: screencaps, legend and even some sections. And I don't know if
the translation sounds good in English.

> PS. I'm still hoping for a nice description of Modeless dialogs :-)

I'll explain it soon in the French manual! ;o)

Chris