Re: 0.7.11 status

Subject: Re: 0.7.11 status
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 19:30:57 CDT

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Paul Egli wrote:

> There have been many new features added, bugs fixed, and general
> improvements made for AbiWord since 0.7.10. We would indeed like to get
> 0.7.11 out ASAP in order to get these goodies into the hands of users
> everywhere.
>
> The reason we haven't built an 0.7.11 release yet is because the RPM
> packages are not building. Shaw sent mail to the list
> (http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/00/August/0232.html)
> describing the problem.
>
> So far, there have been no replies to Shaw's original message, and we are
> once again asking for volunteers to help us get this straightened out. Any
> and all input is appreciated. Question: is anyone else able to build the
> RPM packages on their machine?

Ok. I've never built an rpm before I'll it a try but Makfiles are not my
thing. I suspect that we might be having problems with the abidistfiles. I
think the names were changed and the types too were changed from
*.hash.zip to *.hash. The rpm building script might be getting confused at
this point.

Just a total guess on my part.

Martin