internationalization problem

Subject: internationalization problem
From: Rui M. Silva (rms@ssi.aaum.pt)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 06:13:05 CDT

Hi,

  I am having some internationalization problems, and I'd like to request some help into understanding what the problem might be.
  1.) most of pt-PT strings do not show (it's at 100% coverage or close), even though I have:
                StringSet="pt-PT"
      and most portuguese localization happens because I launched abiword with 'LC_ALL=pt_PT abiword' and gnome frontend uses the LC_ALL variable.
     toolbars and menus are working, though they are not complete right now. I'll try to deal with them asap.
  2.) I have tried to create a portuguese dictionary hash file but abiword complaints it's not the correct type.

   how can this be? what may I be doing wrong?

hugs, rms

+ So let's do it...?