Re: Darn

Subject: Re: Darn
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 23:53:39 CST

On Thu, 07 Dec 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

>I'm pretty sure by now that this is a serrious bug and not my fault. I
>can delete the prefs file, open AbiWord, change a setting, and quit it
>(yes I have autosaving prefs turned on). The change does not stick, and
>does not even seem to exist in the file. I can change the pref in the
>non-builtin scheme in the file manually and AbiWord ignores the
>preference. After quitting AbiWord, my changes to the password file
>are gone.

Well I got it to display TrueType fonts, which it didn't before and I had
racked my brains trying to do. Here's what I did:

1. Tools|Preferences and set the ruler units to centimeters.
2. Exit AbiWord.
3. Edit the profile file in kwrite. Find the centimeters.
4. Make a copy of the font path in the section with the centimeters, and add
the TrueType font directory.
5. Save and exit.
6. Restart AbiWord. The font list now includes all my TrueType fonts.

Too bad it crashes trying to print them :(

phma