Bidirectional support

Subject: Bidirectional support
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 14:40:26 CST

I will see what I can salvage from the work I have done on this prior
the 0.7.9 release. I could, though, use some help with the BiDi
work, as it means changes at lot of different places in the code (run
classes, line class, block class, cursor drawing, save/load
mechanism, etc.)

First of all, however, I was wandering whether the BiDi support
should be build into the standard build, or whether it should be
plugged in through conditional compilation. I think in the short term
the latter is the better option allowing the work to be done without
impact on the rest of the development. In long term I do not know;
lot of AbiWord users, if not majority, probably will not need this,
and it does impact the drawing performance at least a bit. What do
you guys think?

Tomas