Commit: background color support

Subject: Commit: background color support
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 00:41:54 CST

Background color support. Also, coded background printing support for
GnomePrint. Platform maintainers: this may cause some strange results until
you define/code a fillRect() method in your PrinterGraphics class. This may
include: segfault, UT_ASSERT(0), or just not printing the background color.
The PS driver should be easy to do - just borrow from my gnome-print code.
If I understand Win32 printing, the Win32 driver will involve cut-and-paste
a few LOC from the ScreenGraphics class.

How to use it: Only character runs are currently supported with an attribute
"bgcolor" which accepts a hex value (same as "color"). Please add some
method for letting a user set the character run color. My suggestions are
the Font dialog and color-combo boxes on a toolbar.

This was a "Post 1.0" feature on the list, but I think that it is an
essential feature to have in a real word processor. We'll need this support
for the "borders and shading" dialog. We may need a similar attribute for
sections or paragraphs. More on that later... Cut and paste seems to work
for me, which is a good sign.

TODO: update all of the importers and exporters accordingly, esp. the RTF
and MSWord ones. Because of our design, we get the ABW and ZABW ones "for
free" :-)

Attached is an example AbiWord file with bgcolor set.

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/af/gr/xp/gr_Graphics.h
CVS: src/af/xap/unix/gnome/xap_UnixGnomePrintGraphics.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fp_Run.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fp_TextRun.h
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp src/text/ptbl/xp/pp_Property.cpp
CVS: src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp