Re: Commit: background color support

Subject: Re: Commit: background color support
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 09:06:44 CST

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

[Information on getting colour working on other platforms snipped]

> This was a "Post 1.0" feature on the list, but I think that it is an
> essential feature to have in a real word processor. We'll need this support
> for the "borders and shading" dialog. We may need a similar attribute for
> sections or paragraphs. More on that later... Cut and paste seems to work
> for me, which is a good sign.

If you don't mind me asking ... why is this an essential feature to have
in a real word processor? I'm not trying to pick a fight (or start
a fire) I'm just wondering where people use a different background
colour setting in their documents. I understand having a different
foreground colour but have never personally used a different background
colour in a word processor.

I'll refrain from voicing what I personally think should be
priorities since we are all volunteers and work on what we
want as we want it ... I was just curious where this burning
demand came from.

Thomas