Re: Table workaround

Subject: Re: Table workaround
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 09:08:38 CST

"Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>At 11:18 AM +0100 12/20/00, Mike Nordell wrote:
>>Oh, now I get it. But if every "table-line" was a "layout-line" (not ==
>>fp_Line) and *it* took care of its cells height, and every cell got its
own
>>layouter (which it would have to), then I fail to see the problem.
>
>The "design" you are describing is the one that most folks
>think of first when they try to implement tables - unfortunately it
>doesn't work in the real world for a number of reasons. The easiest
>way to "knock it down" is to ask about how text selection works
>across cell boundaries - AND across table boundaries.

Yes? And? What am I missing here? This only displays something I've felt
have been missing *a long time* now. A "range" class (that is composable).
Is there anything else I miss?

Are we perhaps spekaing above eachothers heads by mixing the "visual" stuff
and the "in-the-background" stuff?

/Mike - please don't cc