Re: Table workaround

Subject: Re: Table workaround
From: Jeffry Smith (smith@missioncriticallinux.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 08:33:02 CST

I've now downloaded the OpenOffice, KWord, XHMTL, and LaTeX table
specifications, taking a look at the table XML definitions. XHTML looks like
a good starting point (thanks to those who pointed it out, it's better than
what HTML appeared to do, most sites don't make full use of it, I guess). I'm
working on a merge / best of these, probably based on the XHTML modular spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xhtml-modularization-20001020/abstract_modules.htm
.

I'm also trying to see how the non-XHTML ones handle such things are repeating
headers, cell page breaks, etc (things XHTML doesn't have to worry about).

However, I'm not coder enough (yet) to figure out the implementation problems.

jeff