Re: help

Subject: Re: help
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 08:35:28 CST

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Frodo Looijaard wrote:

> Luke Jordan wrote:
> >
> > Martin knows more about bullets than I, but AFAIK they're hardcoded,
> > with the match-up tables in fl_AutoLists.h

That's right each list type has its own hardcoded style to handle things
likes like the field-font to go with the list elements. Bullets need the
symbol font. Other list types need Dingbats fonts.
> [...]
>
> Thanks, Luke, I think I will be able to complete bullet import now. By
> the way, for those interested, I am currently expanding psiconv to
> write Psion files too; once this is finished, I will write a Psion
> exporter for AbiWord. With a little luck, that will be before the end
> of the year: I already can write TextEd files, except for most layout.

Great! The more I think aiut the PDA situation the more I think it is a
great opportunity for us to exploit an attempt by MS to leverage their
desktop monopoly into other platforms. Their biggest pitch for Pocket PC
as an OS is that you can easily exchange word Word docs with your PDA.

Conesquently there is no support in Word for Palm, Psion or anything else.

With Abi on your PC you can easily exchange PDA docs with Word. Our Word
importer is easily good enough for that already. This is a great reason
for PC users to use Abi rather than MS.

With a bit of luck and some more code from you and David Nay we could have
Abi distributed with every non-pocket PC PDA.

Cheers

Martin