[owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]

Subject: [owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com: BOUNCE abiword-dev@abisource.com: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 18:09:09 CST

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam
                                GnuPG Key:
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam/key

attached mail follows:

>From owner-abiword-dev@abisource.com Fri Dec 22 13:15:03 2000
From: Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>
Subject: Help: bulleted paragraphs
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:14:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

I am currently expanding the Psion importer with bulleted paragraphs.
Though I actually have got it working, it is mostly black magic to me.
Perhaps somebody who is into lists can explain some things to me, or
refer me to some documentation or mail conversation about this?

Concrete questions at this moment are:
  * Where do you define the kind of bullet is used for the paragraph?
    Is it the numeric type attribute of the <l> tag, or is it hardcoded to
    coincide with the style name? And in both case, would it not be
    nicer to be able to define any character for bullets?
  * What does the list-delim attribute do? It is found in both the
    <l> tag and in the props attribute of the <p> tag. And why is it
    sometimes in both and sometimes only in the <l>?
  * How does the list-decimal attribute work? It is often set to "NULL".
    I presume it has something to do with numbered lists?
  * What does the type attribute of the <l> tag mean? (see also my
    first question).
  * I presume the <field type="list_label"></field> actually displays
    the field label?
  * The <c type="list_label"> tag sometimes spans only a tab, but
    sometimes the whole paragraph text. Is this a bug, or has this
    some special meaning? And what does this type setting mean?

Thanks,
  Frodo

--
Frodo Looijaard <frodol@dds.nl>  PGP key and more: http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol