Re: Thai

Subject: Re: Thai
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 20:53:23 CST

>Another idea occured to me, too. Assuming there's a better way to
>add fonts to abiword (which doesn't involve this weird merging of
>fonts.dir files), perhaps we should start making abiword-language
>packages, containing fonts (and translations?), which can be dropped
>on top of abiword so that people can get their own language going with
>a minimum of effort.

Look in ~/.AbiSuite for the AbiWord.Profile file. It should have lines that
look like this:

                UnixFontPath="fonts"
                UseSuffix="1"
                />

        <Scheme
                name="_custom_"
                OptionsTabNumber="2"
                UnixFontPath="fonts;/usr/share/fonts/ttf/windows"
                />

        <Recent
                max="4"
                />

If the _custom_ scheme does not exist, add it. If it does exist, add the
UnixFontPath to it. It can display TrueType fonts but it cannot print them
without an afm file and crashes in the attempt.

phma