Re: Thai

Subject: Re: Thai
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 15:34:56 CST

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 11:27:22AM +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > > oops, my bad. Sorry about it.
> > >
> > > BTW, is there any reason why '-' is used instead of '_'?
> >
> > AW uses '-' instead of '_' as a serparator between language code and
> > territory code for some unknown reason. I decided not to break this tradition.
> >

> Is there a way we could get it to recognize either? As in, both ru-RU
> and ru_RU being used. This would prevent this sort of confusion.

 Currently a very generic function generates a list of possible combinations.
 It would be inconvenient to hack a specialized version for generating all
 "permutations" of font paths just for ignorant people's convenience. Any
 not-shy font packager should ask us why something doesn't work for him.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad