Re: Thai

Subject: Re: Thai
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 16:24:38 CST

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 01:34:56AM +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Sam TH wrote:

> > > AW uses '-' instead of '_' as a serparator between language code and
> > > territory code for some unknown reason. I decided not to break this tradition.
> > >

> > Is there a way we could get it to recognize either? As in, both ru-RU
> > and ru_RU being used. This would prevent this sort of confusion.
>
> Currently a very generic function generates a list of possible combinations.
> It would be inconvenient to hack a specialized version for generating all
> "permutations" of font paths just for ignorant people's convenience. Any
> not-shy font packager should ask us why something doesn't work for him.

First, writing that code would be very easy. You just have to do a
simple replace of _ to - and vice versa.

Second, this is the sort of things computers, and not people, do well.
Therefore, we can make people's lives easier by including this.
Rgeardless of why the mistake happened, fixing it is easy for us, and
should be done.

What function is it, so that I can change this?

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam
                                GnuPG Key: