Re: Brewing a new backend

Subject: Re: Brewing a new backend
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 02:50:07 CST

>> Actually, I'm not even sure what the future timeline of AbiWord
>> is. Presumably 0.7.12 will be followed by 0.9 and shortly by 1.0,
>> or what? If at all possible, I'd like to be done with this before
>> 1.0 since I find it too easy to crash AbiWord - IMO the current
>> random crashes in the text code should be fixed before 1.0. But
>> the timeline may not allow an early adoption of this stuff...

Martin> Do you get Random crashes with 0.7.12 in the release build? I
Martin> though we'd only allowed features with no known crash
Martin> bugs. The present CVS has lots of random crashes due to
Martin> attempts to get headers/footers going. I will focus on fixing
Martin> these now I think.

No, sorry, not random out of the blue crashes. But playing a bit with
forced line/page breaks, deleting, inserting, cursor movement, and you
get assertions triggering all over the place.

Jesper