Re: makewrapper.sh patch

Subject: Re: makewrapper.sh patch
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 20:18:13 CST

>The important change is that it now does *not* remove the font
>directories it added to your font path. In the current scheme, two
>concurrent abiword processes will still step on each other if the one
>which was started first is exited first.
>(I understand not wanting to leave behind litter in the font path after
>we've exited, but I don't see any way around this, since there is no
>reliable method of determining whether or not another abiword process
>is still running on the same display.)

I do not like this. I frequently run kwrite, and when I run it while Abi is
open, looking at a C program, the syntax highlighting uses the Courier font
that comes with Abi instead of the usual Courier Bold, and the result is ugly.
If you don't remove the font directories from the font path, kwrite will
continue doing this until I remove them manually.

There must be some way to determine whether Abi is running on the display. If I
start kwm while kwm is already running on the same display, it notices this and
exits, even if the two kwms are running on different computers.

phma