Re: a *very*weird* problem running abiword...

Subject: Re: a *very*weird* problem running abiword...
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 12:07:42 CST

rms@labia01.di.uminho.pt wrote:
> when i launch abiword, a dialog opens alerting me that <<AbiWord could not find any local font files in its font path. [...] The current font path contains the following directories: [/usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts] [...]>>>
>
> WHAT? this is so unbelieavable... I just make ABI_OPT_GNOME=1 and make ABI_OPT_GNOME=1 install, to /usr/local
>
> the font files are there.. I have checked that out... I have launched abiword through the wrapper script, and furthermore, I have configured xfs to add /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts to the font path...

If the error message mentions AbiWord's local font path, it's
talking about the ABISUITE_HOME variable, which should be set if you're
running binaries without the wrapper script. In your case, this
should probably be "export ABISUITE_HOME=/usr/local/AbiSuite". If
you've then added the fonts dir (usually $ABISUITE_HOME/fonts,
or /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts) to your X server font path (it sounds
like you have), AbiWord should start right up.

--
Shaw Terwilliger