Re: Release Practices

Subject: Re: Release Practices
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 12:37:27 CST

At 12:18 PM 2/8/00 -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:
>>I was waiting on integration of the file conversion patch. I figured some
>>good testing would include dogfooding the --to html option on our .abw
>>documentation. I am not sure what order Shaw intends to get the
>>outstanding patches worked in.
>
>Dogfooding? What's that? That cracked me up.

I am not sure who coined the term, but it has to do with how you would QA
dogfood. At some point, you have to find a hungry dog and get his reaction.

So AbiWord will soon have a --to option available. A good way to test it
would be by finding someone hungry to do some file conversions. If it
tastes good, let's can it.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist