Re: factors to consider for the Mac port

Subject: Re: factors to consider for the Mac port
From: Bryan Prusha (bryanp@wolfram.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 13:30:57 CST

>I imagine most Mac developers will have Metrowerks and not MPW, so I think
>Metrowerks projects files are vital (as many developers probably wouldn't
>contribute if they had to go get MPW). Is there any reason why we could
>not have makefiles for MPW in addition, however?

        I agree most Mac developers will have CodeWarrior, but not all.
Requiring that the code is still compiliable by one development environment
does not mean another cannot be used. I would hope that our code is clean
(and non-proprietary) enough to be built upon as many compilers as exist.
Both is good, only one is not.

     Bryan Prusha Wolfram Research, Inc.
          Coding is life. The rest is just 1's and 0's.