Re: Mac port build

Subject: Re: Mac port build
From: Bryan Prusha (bryanp@wolfram.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 11:12:01 CST

>I also defined a couple of symbols to define build target (MacOS classic or
>carbon).
>

>Hub

        Which symbols would those be? I typically use CARBON. If it's
defined to 1 I'm compiling for Carbon. If it's defined to 0, then it
compiles Classic. When CARBON is 1, that also turns on
TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON for the Universal Headers and any other Carbon
specific flags I use. CARBON is nice because it's quick to type and pretty
obvious what it means. At any rate, that's what I'm used to at this point.
Personally, as much as I preffer the Carbon API to Classic, I think it's
neither important nor a good idea to beign Carbon work until we have a
running, relatively bug free, and stable set of Classic sources to work
from. We want to make sure at all stages we can build both Carbon and
Classic apps which perform feature for feature, bug for bug (or a close
proximity thereof) so users of pre-8.1 systems are welcome to participate
in coding as well as use the product.

     Bryan Prusha Wolfram Research, Inc.
          Coding is life. The rest is just 1's and 0's.