Re: More Mac CodeWarrior Project Issues

Subject: Re: More Mac CodeWarrior Project Issues
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 14:43:11 CST

At 10:05 PM 2/21/00 -0600, Scott Kovner wrote:
>on 2/21/00 9:24 PM, Bryan Prusha at bryanp@wolfram.com wrote:
>> Yet, in attempting to build, I have two errors. xmltok.c does not
>> compile because nametab.h cannot be found while it exists within
>> wv:expat:xmltok.
>
>Someone told me that nametab.h is supposed to be auto-generated in
>expat:xmltok, so for now I manually copy it from the wv tree. I didn't want
>to add wv to the search path until I figured out why there are header files
>in that tree with the same name as elsewhere.

Sorry for the confusion. There are indeed two copies of expat under CVS
control.

One copy of expat (wv/expat) is currently *not* built by our makefiles.
Caolan has packaged wv as a full-fledged distribution, big chunks of which
are used for other purposes (such as the word-to-html converter). We only
use the portions we need.

The copy of expat that we *do* use (the peer expat module) automatically
generates nametab.h by building and running a little stub program called
gennmtab.

Note that it shouldn't be too hard to get expat building cleanly on the Mac,
since the Mozilla folks have been doing it for over a year now.

>> I'd really like to get these issues fixed and get on to the real
>> work of getting the Mac port to launch.
>
>With these fixes, it should launch.

Cool. Like many folks, I've really been looking forward to seeing real
headway made on the Mac port.

Paul