Re: More Mac CodeWarrior Project Issues

Subject: Re: More Mac CodeWarrior Project Issues
From: Scott Kovner (kovner@austin.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 22:05:36 CST

on 2/21/00 9:24 PM, Bryan Prusha at bryanp@wolfram.com wrote:

> Well, taking a quick break from work, I've gotten a little closer
> to getting my Mac CodeWarrior build working. I've performed full checkouts
> of abi, expat, libiconv, libpng, wv, and zlib. I've placed them in the
> same directory.
>
> When importing the CodeWarrior project, it complains it can't find
> iconv. Is this a reference to libiconv?

Yes. But we don't compile in any of libiconv yet on the Mac.

> BTW, I've noticed checking the
> "Always search user paths" kills several 'no path found' messages.

I'll try that. But eventually we will need to clean up the whole path thing.

> Yet, in attempting to build, I have two errors. xmltok.c does not
> compile because nametab.h cannot be found while it exists within
> wv:expat:xmltok.

Someone told me that nametab.h is supposed to be auto-generated in
expat:xmltok, so for now I manually copy it from the wv tree. I didn't want
to add wv to the search path until I figured out why there are header files
in that tree with the same name as elsewhere.

> AbiWord.rsrc is completely not found. Does this file not exist? Is
> it binhexed for CVS under a different name?

It is a blank ResEdit file. I didn't check it in because I wanted to
eventually use a "Rez" file instead to keep things text based. It was
automatically created by CW when I created the project.

> I'd really like to get these issues fixed and get on to the real
> work of getting the Mac port to launch.

With these fixes, it should launch.

> Bryan Prusha Wolfram Research, Inc.
> Coding is life. The rest is just 1's and 0's.

Scott Kovner | "The big boys, they all got computers."
kovner@austin.rr.com | --Don Henley