Re: POW (2000/02/23) - AbiWord, BeOS, and the PowerPC!

Subject: Re: POW (2000/02/23) - AbiWord, BeOS, and the PowerPC!
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 06:49:54 CST

Well the first thing that I would say is that you should
use the types that are being asked for for a function.

For example (looking at the tinderbox code) iconv() is
defined using a size_t, but then when it is used in
the spelling code (newMain.c line 165 etc) we are
using unsigned long * ... which may or may not be
the same as a size_t *.

Fix newMain.c to use the proper types (ie size_t) or
cast them (at your peril) and your errors will likely
go away. I seem to remember going through this when
I brought the BeOS port up initially that I had to
patch various pieces of code to be conformant that
way.

Nothing BeOS specific here .... just good programming
practice.

Thomas