Re: Wierd space problem with abisuite-7.8 (rpm)

Subject: Re: Wierd space problem with abisuite-7.8 (rpm)
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 11:14:39 CST

At 09:42 AM 2/25/00 -0700, Owen Stenseth wrote:
>I just upgraded to abisuite-7.8 from the RPM, I am running a RH6.0
>system and had abiword working properly from the previous RPM.
>
>The problem now is that whenever I select a dropdown list (style, point
>size, zoom fator) every time I hit space in the document the list drops
>down. If a start a fresh document I can type properly but as soon as I
>select a dropdown it keeps dropping down.

This was the infamous bug #522 that came up in previous discussions. A
variety of people had seen the bug, then had it disappear or reappear at
various times. For me, the bug occurred whenever I had numlock selected.

Shaw committed a fix for this a few weeks ago, but it has been after
AbiWord 0.7.8 was released,
http://www.abisource.com/bonsai/cvsview2.cgi?diff_mode=context&whitespace_mo
de=show&root=/cvsroot&subdir=abi/src/af/xap/unix&command=DIFF_FRAMESET&root=
/cvsroot&file=xap_UnixFrame.cpp&rev1=1.73&rev2=1.74

>I cannot revert back because I do not have the previous RPM and I cannot
>find it on the site. Should we not have the previous release availabe in
>case people run into problems like this?

There actually is a directory available, http://www.abisource.com/binaries/
 As one of the unofficial webmasters, I have been debating how prominently
I should provide a link to these old binaries.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist