Re: A useful article on bug reports

Subject: Re: A useful article on bug reports
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 09:57:41 CST

At 03:35 AM 2/27/00 -0600, sam th wrote:
>We get lots of bug reports. Not all of them are of the highest quality.
>To deal with just this problem, Mozilla has created a lot of documentation
>to go with bugzilla. That would probably be overkill for us (although
>maybe not) but I have an easier suggestion. Freshmeat recently published
>an editorial describing how to write a good bug report. We could just
>reccomend reading that before submitting a bug on the submit page in
>Bugzilla. The article is here
> http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/02/26/951627540.html
>
>Mozilla has a bug-writing guidelines page here
> http://www.mozilla.org/quality/bug-writing-guidelines.html

The freshmeat link is a fantastic article. If I could force everyone to
read it before a bug submission, my life would get a lot easier, no doubt.

I also recognize that asking everyone to spend 15 minutes reading this
article is unrealistic. As per your suggestion though, I am going to try
to place some additional information in bugzilla to help people write
better reports.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist