Re: Layout suggestion for AbiWord.

Subject: Re: Layout suggestion for AbiWord.
From: ArcadePreserv Center (arcadepreserv@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 02:05:51 CST

The A4 standard is a bit higher than US-Letter. The width is the squareroot
of the height.

>I have never noticed the info bar taking up that much room. I think that
>that
>might be an un nessisary movement. Also what are the thoughts of the list
>on
>moving the menu bar? I would be against it because it would seem totaly
>illogical to me (Mac user, Linux user, if that makes a diffrence). Menu's
>should be on the top i think.

I never meant that is should be moved as default, but if I turn it of, I
loose the info of what page number I am editing, that info could also be
available (as option) elsewhere, to maximize paper height visible on screen.

I knew menus elsewhere than at the top would be controversial. Let them be
then.

> > As a last thing, if the dragbar, or whatever it is called could be
>turned of
> > the maximum vertical-size of the screen can be used for useful page
>layout
> > view.
>
>The dragbar? you mean the bar at the bottom of the window? On Linux you
>can
>turn that off in your window maniger if you want.

I meant the titlebar at the top of every window.