Re: Where convert key value to character?

Subject: Re: Where convert key value to character?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 02:25:11 CST

At 03:15 PM 1/14/00 +0800, hj wrote:
>Press a key, send key_prees_event, convert key value to character, then
>display the character in view.
>Which function convert key value to character?

The call chain Shaw described shows the flow of control for a process which
is mostly table-driven.

For the details of specific character mappings, you'll need to look at
specific keybindings and edit methods. For example, for Latin-[234]
characters, the dead-key mappings are in the following files:

  abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
  abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LB_Dead*.cpp

For more details, grep on the "insertGraveData" edit method and scan the
comments. (Warning -- I'm not sure how throughly this code has been
tested, though.)

Hope that helps.

Paul