Re: i18n of abiword -- combining characters

Subject: Re: i18n of abiword -- combining characters
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 16:23:43 CST

What if I write a routine which takes a string of Nagari letters and outputs
the string in Nagari glyphs? So it would take M.UU.R.T.I and return
MA.sUU.sI.TA.cR (where these tokens would actually be represented by
fixed-width numbers, I suppose).

This might be a good job for Bison (or Gaur ;-) ). Can anyone help me use it?

I will probably need more than 256 symbols to do this, and only 128 are
allocated to each of the Nagari variants (Devanagari, Bengali, Gurmukhi,
Gujarati, Oriya).

phma