Re: Latin support for US keyboards

Subject: Re: Latin support for US keyboards
From: Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 21:36:35 CST

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Tom Burdick wrote:
>I'm wondering if anyone has any plans to implement (or already has in
>CVS) support for composing Latin characters (ie, é, ô, etc) from US
>keyboards.

If you use KDE, and you got a later version than I have, look at the Dvorak
with accents file in /opt/kde/share/apps/kikbd (it's in Mandrake 6.1). I don't
know how to make a plain-X version, though it looks similar, and if you don't
type Dvorak you'll want to rearrange it. It uses the right Alt key (called
AltGr on some keyboards) to define dead characters - altgr-6 is a dead
circumflex, and if you then hit a you get â.

phma