Re: New Norwegian translation of AbiWord

Subject: Re: New Norwegian translation of AbiWord
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 21:42:35 CST

As Karl has pointed out privately, the registered IANA subtypes we should be
mimicking are no-nyn and no-bok. Here's the definitive URL:

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/languages/tags

I've confirmed this with Harald Alvestrand, and he plans to fix the more
general IETF draft I cited to keep other folks from being confused like I
was:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alvestrand-lang-tags-v2-00.txt

Also, he encouraged anyone introducing translations for languages which
don't already have a subtag to go ahead and register them with IANA. I've
never done this, but he says it's not hard. :-)

Paul