Re: AbiWord on Corel Linux

Subject: Re: AbiWord on Corel Linux
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 12:14:02 CST

James Montgomerie wrote:
> It doesn't make on the version of Corel Linux included on the UK magazine PC
> Plus' cover CD. Could it be because Corel include NONE of Gnome (at least,
> in this version)?

Well, unless you're specifically doing "make ABI_OPT_GNOME=1", AbiWord
doesn't require anything from GNOME at all. It will require development
libraries (and headers) for libpng, zlib, glib, gtk+, X, and your C library,
though. I could imagine Corel not shipping any of those--they've done
stupider (www.dictionary.com says that's the correct adjective form) things.
Three weeks ago they spammed my work address with an advertisement
for the "best" Linux distribution around. Better than normal Debian they
said. Debian's never sent me spam.

--
Shaw Terwilliger