Re: commit -- MEGA patch, additional error messages

Subject: Re: commit -- MEGA patch, additional error messages
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 00:20:40 CST

Fixed lots of UT_Error-related breakage on non-Unix platforms. YMMV.

  M src/af/util/xp/ut_types.h
  M src/af/xap/beos/xap_BeOSFrame.h
  M src/af/xap/mac/xap_MacFrame.h
  M src/af/xap/qnx/xap_QNXFrame.h
  M src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32Frame.h
  M src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSApp.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSFrame.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSFrame.h
  M src/wp/ap/mac/ap_MacFrame.h
  M src/wp/ap/qnx/ap_QNXApp.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/qnx/ap_QNXFrame.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/qnx/ap_QNXFrame.h
  M src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixApp.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixFrame.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixFrame.h
  M src/wp/ap/unix/gnome/ap_UnixGnomeApp.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Frame.cpp
  M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Frame.h
  M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp

A few notes:

1. This should address most, and perhaps all, of the build breakage on
non-Unix platforms. I was only able to test the Win32 stuff. I might have
missed a few spots here and there on the other platforms, but the leftover
build breakage should be a *lot* easier to fix.

2. Sam changed a few functions to return UT_Error instead of UT_Bool, which
is a good idea overall. However, this *reverses* the usual bang semantics.
After tracking down a few bugs related to this, I introduced the following
ut_types.h macro:

  #define E2B(err) ((err) == UT_OK)

All it does is reverse those bang semantics back to something meaningful.

3. Speaking of ut_types.h, I believe it gets included in some .c files
somewhere, so just in case, I reverted some recent C++-style comments back
to their trusty C-style equivalents. Unix folks can thank me later.

4. I didn't attempt to test the new errors Shaw mentioned related to the
file dialogs, since most of those get handled at the Win32 level already.
More testing would be a good idea, though.

Enjoy!

Paul